Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Spotted!!

Ahh I am super excited, a few weeks ago I attended the Style Spy and Gap Christmas event downtown and I was asked to be their featured girl of the week! It was really cool and the article looks great! Here is the article and the link to the incredible site: thestylespy.com

Girl of the Week: Ainsley Smith

Ainsley Smith was spotted at the Gap x Style Spy event a few weeks ago. Her fur collar and crimson lips caught both my eye and contributor Melissa’s eye as well and that’s when we knew we had to ask her to be Girl of the Week. Ainsley grew up in Maple Ridge and is currently a Business Administration student, majoring in marketing with certificates in Communications and Journalism. She loves fashion, traveling, good music and good friends. Meet Ainsley.
Wearing… I look like a walking H&M ad. My blouse, necklace, skirt, ankle boots and faux fur wrap are all from H&M (love this store though). My tights are Wilfred and from Aritzia. I am wearing an oversized Micheal Kors watch, and my purse is from Aldo.
My personal style is…Classic, mixed with a modern edge.  I like to look classy, presentable and trendy–but not overly trendy.  I like to mix old pieces with new additions to create a unique look.
Most recent purchase… They were actually from the Gap x Style Spy event! I bought the cutest oversized dusty rose knit sweater that had gold studs on the shoulders.  I also got a pair of cozy off white knit knee socks– perfect to wear under boots! Oh and I caved and bought the Justin Bieber Christmas CD this weekend.
3 items in my makeup bag… DiorShow mascara, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and NARS Orgasm blush/bronzer duo.
A person living or dead you most admire… Audrey Hepburn.  She is exceedingly talented, beautiful, stylish and so incredibly sweet.  I would love to have tea with her.  I can recite every line from Breakfast at Tiffany’s!
If you could be anywhere in the world right now…Definitely New York City – I visited NYC last fall and I left my heart there! I would personally go there any second of the year, but during the holidays it would be incredible.
Most versatile item in your closet… A perfect fitting pair of dark skinny jeans.  They can be dressed up or down but the slim cut and dark texture looks a little bit more stylish.
Drink of choice… A nice glass of white wine or a Cosmopolitan.  However, any beverage from Starbucks is completely okay in my books!
Favorite accessory…My gold Michael Kors watch.  I bought it this past spring in Las Vegas and I can’t take it off.  I literally wear it casually and when I am dressed up and ready to go out.  It is very versatile and the gold looks amazing when stacked with other bracelets. Arm party anyone?
I can’t live without… My family, friends, my new iPhone and Philosophy hand creams.
Winter essentials…Cozy infinity scarves! These look amazing when worn casually or when paired with a coat. Also, a tall pair of riding boots.
Words to live by…Where there’s love, there’s life.
Photograph by Melissa Chai

No comments: