I am definitely a skinny jeans enthusiast, but when the warmer spring weather rolls around, I like to change it up a bit and bring out my favorite pair of boyfriend jeans. They are so comfortable and when styled accordingly, they can complete a great outfit.So bring your favorite pair of blue jeans out of their hiding place and style away!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
Hello my beautiful readers:) I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend and hopefully found time to catch the Oscars! My myyy there were some stunning gowns, everyone looked incredible. To get this week started off right, I am pleased to announce my first giveaway! My giveaway is with the fabulous jewelry line Lemon Sweet Jewelry, created by Leslie Matheney, a local jewelry designer from Vancouver, WA. Leslie designs simple, pretty, everyday pieces, the kind you want to put on and not take off. Leslie has been creating and designing jewelry and other objects since she was a little girl. It became a hobby, but it has now led to a full fledged business venture!
Here are some of my favorite pieces! I love how they are all so delicate and charming. Definitely pieces I could wear everyday!
Here's what you need to do to enter...
1. Become a fan of Your Daily Fix on Facebook and while you are checking out the Facebook page, repost and share the giveaway and say how much you love Lemon Sweet Jewelry and Your Daily Fix!
2. Become a fan of Lemon Sweet on Facebook and say hello!
3. Check out Lemon Sweet Jewelry's shop on Etsy and see what items catch your attention
4. Comment on this post, say hello and share what item it is that you love, that you have either followed via Twitter, Facebook and Google Connect and leave your e-mail so I can contact you if you`re the lucky winner!
Want to gain another entry?! Start following Your Daily Fix on Twitter or Google Connect and you'll have a second entry to the draw!
The draw for the lucky recipient of the Lemon Sweet Jewelry piece will be this Friday- March 2nd! Goodluck!!!!
Ps. If you are interested in purchasing additional items off of Leslie's Etsy site and you have liked her page on Facebook, you can enter the discount code "facebookfan" to receive and additional 10% off!
Friday, February 24, 2012
I can`t believe that it is Friday already... where did this week go!! Well this was an exciting week for Your Daily Fix! We have now reached 100+ Facebook fans and I could honestly not be happier, it is so encouraging to see that people enjoy what I have to share! So thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!! I have some pretty exciting giveaways lined up that I am sure you all will love, so please stay tuned! The first giveaway will begin this coming Monday! As always, here are some of my favorite inspirations, photos and images that I have collected throughout the week! Have a fabulous weekend everyone:)
Favorite look for spring
Favorite Spring Clutch
Favorite Workout Inspiration
Favorite Shoe Combo
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
So as promised, I was able to get in touch with a friend who is not just beautiful on the inside and the outside, she is a hard working chick, who has more than a thing or two to share with everyone about working hard and seeing results in the gym. Kelly has already competed in a figure competition before and placed second in bikini tall and qualified for BC's and soon to be in another one this year! Kelly's passion and hard-work has definitely paid off and she is hands-down my workout inspiration!
So with my whole "Fitness Feb" plan, I knew I had to ask Kelly some questions that were not only of importance to me, but to other females as well. Meet Kelly everyone!
1. What is your favorite form of cardio exercise?
-I'd have to go with the step mill. I'd be lying if I said it was my favorite, but it's definitely the most effective!
2. What is your favorite post workout snack or meal?
-Protein! Protein! Protein! I like to get my protein intake from food rather than a shake or supplements. I often prepare a post-workout meal before going to the gym so that it's ready for me when I'm home. (The worst is being hungry and having to force yourself to take the time to make something healthy). So getting back to your question.. I love Cajun chicken. When I'm training, my diet is very restricted so I love finding things with lots of flavor. I'll cook up a bunch and prepare meals for the next day or two.
3. Who do you most look up to, or who inspires you?
- My mom is the 'the suit lady' a well known fitness/bikini seamstress and designs custom suits for a good majority of the competitors. I was inspired by all the beautiful, strong and fit women I'd see coming to my house daily for fittings. I also look up to a lot of Bikini pro's. They're all so determined and seem so positive. It takes a lot of self discipline and you have REALLY want it!
4. Do you prefer to work out alone or with a partner?
-I don't mind either, depending on the partner. Having someone to workout with who pushes you and wants a good workout too definitely makes a leg day and 45 minutes on the step mill more enjoyable! You can feed off one-another's energy and keep it fun.
5. What is your favorite area to work out?
- I love a killer glute exercise! Just like every other girl constantly wanting to tone and improve their butt! My favorite would have to be glute kick-backs. You hook one ankle up to a set of cables while your other foot is firmly planted on a platform. Then you hold onto the bar in front of you, lean forward and kick your leg back. It works wonders!
6. What is your favorite work out mix or song to keep you focused and motivated?
- I love anything upbeat and listen to a lot of RAC mix's. Right now on my "GTL" mix, I've got a lot of David Guetta, Calving Harris and Rihanna's Talk that Talk album. I also love Flo Rida's new song featuring Sia- Wild one.
7. If you could offer anyone working out or getting more into fitness, what advice would you give them?
- I would say don't get discouraged. Stick with it and YOU WILL see changes and begin to love it. I feel that girls, especially, want to see a difference in a week and turn negative when they don't see results instantly. You have to be patient and trust that what you're doing is working and it will pay off. Just keep pushing yourself and stay positive. I used to remind myself that time is going by whether I go to the gym and eat healthy, or not. Everyone has had that summer where they wished they had jumped on the 'healthy bandwagon' a few months earlier. Now is that time! Do it this year!
8. What are some of your favorite healthy meal choices?
-I mentioned earlier how much I love Cajun chicken mostly because it's so flavorful. I have to admit, having a healthy diet can be painfully repetitive and plain so I'm constantly trying new things and switching up my meals. I recently started eating Sushi. Its the perfect `fast-food' fix when your`re on the go and SO healthy and affordable too.
9. How did it feel performing in a fitness competition?
-Competing in a fitness show was amazing and felt empowering. I loved it! My goal was to simply compete and feel confident on stage. After training for 4 months prior to the show, being on stage and accomplishing my initial goal was so satisfying. I ended up taking 2nd in bikini tall and qualified for BC`s.
10. What was your favorite part about competing?
-I love having things to work towards and this was definitely a challenge. Nothing feels better than accomplishing a goal you have set for yourself. There were times along the way when I`d get discouraged and when I finally got on stage I was so proud of myself for sticking with it. I just felt SO good!
I can`t wait to compete again this June and when I feel myself getting down, I just think back to how I felt on stage last year. What it took to get there and how it was all worth it.
Aside from getting ready to start preparing for her up and coming competition in June, Kelly is also in an online competition for Fitness Gurls Magazine for their Miss Bikini Gurl, to find the world`s hottest bikini model! Help Kell out and give her your vote!! You can vote every hour every day of the week!!
If you have any other questions you would like Kelly to answer, post them below and I`ll have Kelly answer them for you!!
Happy Monday everyone! This morning as I was walking out to my car to head to work, I noticed that my mom's spring flowers were starting to grow! This was exciting because I immediately started thinking about Spring and then Summer as well of course. With the warmer months around the corner, I thought I would share some of my Spring must haves! Enjoy:)
Friday, February 17, 2012
Well this work week has come to an end.. so lets bring on the weekend! I had reading break this week, so I planned on doing some homework, running errands, gyming, shopping.. those sort of things, but I actually ended up working almost every day! I shouldn't complain though, more money in the bank to spend on new Spring items! Whether you are taking it easy, or dancing the night away, have a fabulous weekend!
Favorite Beach Dress
Favorite Wedding Dress
Favorite Versatile Hair
Favorite New York Fashion Week dress
Favorite Place.. Cozy Bedroom
I was definitely into dresses this week! I need to get some sunshine in my life!
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Well, Valentines Day has come and gone.. and so have the delicious assortments of treats and snacks...
When you are feeling like you have hit a wall and you are in need of a pick me up.. are you the type to reach for the chips and cookies or do you reach for some fresh fruit and veggies? I will admit, I am human and sometimes find myself tempted by the first options, but we owe it to ourselves to say no and reach for the healthier option. Snacks are not meant to be mini-meals. They are supposed to tide you over until your next meal. The silver lining? They can actually help you achieve a slimmer shape, if chosen correctly. Snacks prevent overeating come mealtime. I honestly snack all throughout the day. It helps me stay satisfied. (Don’t you always make the worst diet decisions when you’re famished? I most defiantly do.) Needless to say, instead of starving yourself between each meal, have a nutritious snack. It will help get your metabolism pumping and your body burning calories too. And if you throw in a form of exercise or physical activity, you are golden!
Fat free Vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit. Get creative! Try adding a variety of different fruits. I usually stick with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
Veggies and homemade hummus
Fresh fruit skewers
Grapes and light cheese
Edename beans, soo amazing!
Fresh fruit smoothies- My go to sack of choice
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Happy Valentines Day Everyone, I hope you have happy day filled with chocolate, smiles and maybe surprises! And ladies and gents, you don't need a significant other to make it throughout today! Spend time with your family and friends and enjoy yourself! Today is supposed to be fun:)
Enjoy these adorable Kate Spade Valentines!
This Spring, I am looking forward to trying out the trend, the New Romantics. New Romantics is the evolution of Springs 2011, Tough Love. Throughout the transformation of Tough Love, the tough-work wear/military inspiration is dropped completely and we are now left with just the love. The focus being primarily soft, romantic, feminine and very vintage inspired. Be on the lookout for whites, creams, oatmeal and other soft colors. Florals are the main print and lace and crotchet details are a must. You can try this trend out in many ways. I just bought a eyelet lace dress and I absolutely adore it. I can't wait for the warmer weather to try it out!
Acne suede jacket, $1,600
Crislu 18k jewelry, $150
Stone jewelry, $30
Happy Valentines Day
Monday, February 6, 2012
I hope every one's week has started off nicely and how can you complain when we have nothing but sunshine lined up in our weather forecast? Definitely has me thinking about going to the beach, jean shorts and barbeque's.. ahhh I cannot wait! With Summer slowly creeping in, we all might as well think more about our bodies so we can feel extra good when we purchase some new bikinis right? I bought a coral bandeau bathing suit the other day, it is beautiful.. I can't wait to have an excuse to wear it! Vacay to Mexico anyone?