Thursday, August 25, 2011

Splurge or steal?

Since I was younger, I have been in love with the show Gilmore Girls.  Me and my mom would watch every single episode, it was our bonding time haha. There was one episode in particular that I still remember to this day, and it was the episode when ,Logan presented Rory with  pink Birkin Hermes bag.  Rory in her peculiar ways, did not appreciate the true magnitude of the gift.  She suggested that the bag to be used as a bag for her computer cords.... which in all truth, the bag itself is a symbol of wealth due to its high price and elusiveness to the public. Its prices range from $9,000 to $150,000.... maybe one day right? Anyways, I drooled over the bag for years to follow.  Spotting a bag on Gossip Girl, Sex and the City or in magazines, I was always ecstatic.  With my painfully low part time job wages, it will take me years, maybe decades to afford a real one, however I have founded a similar version for a millionth of the price..(Don't mind my horrible lack of math knowledge..) 
Aldo has a similar model that is structured quite similar, but with a more modern and trendier edge. Lemme know what you think!


First of all, lets all drool over the original Birkin bags..







Now, if you love this bag as much as I do, here is the more wallet friendly version...



All of the Aldo bags are under sixty dollars.  I bought an all black one with gold hardware. It arrived in the mail today! I cannot wait to use it!

No comments: